Tuesday, July 9, 2013

June 2013 Family Update (slightly late)

I am running a little late on our June post since we had a July 4th party at our house, Jonathon and I were in crazy cleaning and "to-do" list mode.  It is SO nice to have the house all put together. If all goes according to plan, the addition to the house will be complete by the end of July! Praise Baby Jesus!  I am most looking forward to moving into my new office.

Anyway, back to June.

First, as usual, a Berkley update.

She is saying some new words, but our favorite is "shoes" because she says "shooshoosh".  It's insanely adorable.  And she says it a LOT because she has an obsession with shoes.  Other new words: no, ma (milk), ball, book, pee pee, poo poo, and I think there are a lot more, I just can't make them out or think of them right now.  I really need to write these things down more.



She still loves to dance and listen to music.  She loves the Mickey Mouse hot dog dance and goes crazy for the Sofia the First and Strawberry Shortcake theme songs.  I record a few episodes, but she hands me the remote when she wants me to rewind the theme song over and over again.

 
At home, she is much more interested in us chasing her, playing outside, playing with the dog's food/water bowls, and taking diapers out of the package than in her toys.  Speaking of diapers, I am hoping she is easy to potty train as she has started bringing us a diaper and pulling on her clothes when she needs a change.  Cooking dinner has become difficult as she just follows me around with her arms up while she whines.



We are really enjoying the pool with her.  She fell in once when I was standing right there and wasn't scared or upset.  Her favorite baby sitter is about to complete her ISR training, so we are probably going to do some swim survival lessons soon.

 
 
We enjoyed a few "final" play dates with Sofia before the Brongos moved to the other side of Tampa.
 
 
 
Florida State Concrete Cutting is up and running in full swing.  Night jobs, early morning jobs, weekend jobs... Jonathon is super busy and not hurting for work, but he is hurting!  Concrete cutting is a bit more physical than he expected, but I don't think I have ever seen him happier to be working for himself.  He also completed our master bathroom and almost completed our closet.  He also had a wonderful Father's Day at the Tampa Bay Ray's game.  I love when we have the chance to spoil our hard working "Dida"!
 
We got to go on a double date with the Horvaths to see the Brad Paisley concert.  It was fun to go out for a change! I would post a picture, but we don't have any.  Way to go Niki!
 
As for me, I'm really enjoying Berkley as usual. I finished a great book with my girlfriends called The God Empowered Wife which was awesome.  And in bigger news, I received the 2012 Innovyze (company I work for) President Award for excellence in Customer Care. This was a huge honor to me as a working mom.  I consider my time much more valuable now that I have a precious little one, so it is very nice to be recognized for the work I do in the time I spend away from my baby.

Now onto July!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment