Friday, April 12, 2013

Where are Mr. and Mrs. Hathorn?

Sometimes I wonder where these two people are...


Mr. and Mrs. Hathorn.  Somehow, in the last year, they got left behind when Berkley's mom and dad showed up. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like Berkley's mom and dad (for those of you who are slow, I'm still talking about me and Jonathon). I just sometimes miss the quality time that Mr. and Mrs. Hathorn had for those 5 years pre-Berkley.  I'm a quality time kind of girl and I LOVE quality time with Jonathon more than anything in the world.  I can honestly say that the two best times I've had in the last year were when we went on our first date after Berkley was born (thanks mom for babysitting!) and when we went on a fun date for Jonathon's birthday (thanks Brongos for babysitting!).



My husband is fun.  Lots of fun. When I am with him, I am fun.

This has all come up after a conversation we had last night. Jonathon was interested in going to a comedy show and started texting some friends to see who wanted to join him. Two years ago, he would have suggested that I come with, but I can't now because someone has to stay home with Berkley.  It didn't hurt my feelings that he was asking his friends to come instead of me, it just made me wonder "does he still WANT to hang out with me?"  So, I asked him and he said "of course I do!" Such an emphatic response made me so happy and REALLY made me look forward to our honeymoon in TWO WEEKS!

For those of you who don't know, we are taking a belated honeymoon to Australia.  Right after our wedding, we had some financial issues, so decided to put it on hold.  Then, we decided to try for a baby and move back to Florida and buy a house, etc., etc.  I will admit, I started to think a honeymoon wasn't going to happen. Well, it's happening and I can't WAIT to have some FUN with my favorite man!!!!

I also think that this trip will remind us that we need to make quality time a priority.  We tend to get stuck in our routine and Berkley's routine and forget that we really do have so much fun.

Did I mention that I can't WAIT for this trip? 

A HUGE special thanks to my mom for coming to stay with our baby girl while we are gone.  We couldn't do this without you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment