Friday, September 27, 2013

Belated Family Update - August 2013

August was a big one.

As a family, we travelled to Baton Rouge for Jeffrey's graduation. 



Here's a rare family picture from graduation day.



Jeffrey really is the brother I never had and I am SO proud of him!  Here he is after walking across the stage:


 

Jennifer came all the way to Baton Rouge from L.A.  All the J's were happy to be reunited!



Berkley also got to spend some time with her Grandmommy.



We got to eat at my FAVORITE Baton Rouge restaurant Parrains.  Here we are waiting for our table.



I think Jonathon was pretty excited to share Baton Rouge with Berkley for the first time:



We also got to spend the day and night in New Orleans with Greg, Sam, and Jasper.  We had a blast in the French Quarter.  The food there is hands down my favorite cuisine in the WORLD.

Berkley slept about half of what she usually sleeps this weekend and still managed to be the fun girl that she is. This was her on the way to the airport to head back home:



She was such a trooper! 

We love spending time with the Hathorns.  And Berkley LOVES her Aunt Jasper





The 27th of August marked Jonathon's 30th birthday!  He has finally joined me in our thirties.  Though somehow I am pretty sure we are still 10 years apart in age.  Some ways in his favor and some ways in mine.  Despite all of that, i had something special cooked up for this occasion.  Months ago, when I found out that Dave Matthews Band was performing at the Gorge in Washington the weekend after Jonathon's 30th birthday, I had to get in touch with his BFF Kevin to help me get this Bucket List item of theirs checked off the list.  I sent Jonathon off to meet Kevin in Washington to camp at the Gorge for Labor Day weekend and enjoy three nights of DMB!



I hope it was everything they have dreamed of.

While Jonathon was gone, I took sweet Berkley to the beach and took this PRECIOUS shot. This one will be framed in my house until the end of time.



Can someone say Coppertone Baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment